Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Finding A Song

   I started researching songs to use in the background of my video. I need a song without words since
I am going to have a voice over. My friend suggested a song that I think could work very well if I can find a version without words. The song is called 'Runaway' by AURORA, it is slow paced but picks up some towards the middle. If I do decide to use this song I will have to email the owners of the somg becuase it is copyrighted. I was hoping I could find a song that would work that is not copyrighted, but I did not like any of the songs I listened to. I listened to the instrumental piano version of the song, and it is slower than I wanted it to be. I am looking through karaoke versions of songs to see if I like the way any of them sound. Currently I am at a dead end for finding a song. I am going to look through more youtube vidoes and, if I still can't find amything there, then I will look on more websites with non copyrighted songs. I am currently listening to the song 'Let It Go'by James
Bay, I love the song with words and I like how it starts off very slow but then starts picking up towards the middle and then slows down again at the end. I feel like it would fit in well with my video and may be a good choice. I am going to continue my search to see if I can find any songs that I like better, but of not I am most likely going to use 'Let It Go'.

Sources:
"James Bay - Let It Go (Karaoke Version)." YouTube. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Mar. 2016. <https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nhv788BMisk>.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Megan! Your blog is perfect! Your posts are all perfectly in depth and you elaborate really clearly on what you are trying to do and how you are going to do it. I also applaud you for your time management and progress. I believe your project is going to come out amazing when you finish.
    I also really like how you want to approach a dance story in your piece. Typical dance movies are very cliché and are usually just for eye candy, but I really like how you are turning it into a drama-like film that deals with the struggles of a dancer because that's something that isn't really seen. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really impressed with your blog, and am particularly intimidated by the progress you've made and how far you've gotten into your project. Specifically, I like how much thought and effort you seemingly put into filming (i.e. having the actress switch outfits to express duration, and being prepared by trying out the slow-mo feature and taking note of the lighting). You're definitely on schedule, and, more importantly, you're on the schedule you set for yourself. You're clearly and inarguably organized, and I like how you not only summarize, but include very specific steps in your editing process. It makes me feel as if I'm figuring out this product with you, rather than reading a summation of your progress.

    There is very little I have to criticize. I think you could have maybe including some raw footage from your filming, or if you don't want to do that, once you begin editing and making it look more presentable perhaps you can upload it then to give us a sense of your progress. One other bit of criticism is the bulk of texts in some of your posts (like Creating My Script and Editing Day 2). Instead of having one bulk of text, you could maybe split it into smaller paragraphs so that it's less daunting and off-putting for readers. Really good job though, I wish you luck on your script and think your end product will be really good.

    ReplyDelete