Saturday, March 26, 2016

Editing Day 2

   I continued editing last night. I made a lot of progress and am about 1:30 minutes into my opening. I am not sure how long I am going to make it, but I think it is a good length. I asked my friend to view it to give me feedback, there were some things that she did not understand that I need to change and make clearer. I need to get more viewpoints from different people so that I know that people understand the concept of my video. I changed a the order of many of the videos from how I previously placed them the 1st time I edited. I tried to place the videos to look like the dancer is progressively getting better the more she dances. At the end she is wearing a full ballerina outfit and doing more intricate dance moves. I am going to try to explain the dancers  progression in my voice over to make it clear to viewers.
   I rewatched the opening scene of the blind side and there were multiple moments that froze on a picture of a football player before continuing the clip. I like the idea of freezing multiple images instead of just one at the end. I also liked how Sandra Bullock used the title of the movie when she was explaining part of the game in her voice over. I am considering putting the title of my movie as part of my voice over if I can make it flow and sound good. I need to write more of my script so that I can record the audio and place it in my video. After I do that I will edit the video clips to flow with the voice over nicer. When I asked my friend for feedback she suggested that I get rid of the darker footage because it is too difficult to see. I agreed with her but I really like the footage so I tried to find an editing app to lighten the video. I downloaded about 5 different video editig apps and unfourtunatly none of them helped make the video much lighter. I am going to try to find a way to lighten them, but if I am unsuccessful I will take the videos out of my opening. I also thought it was a good idea to fade out to a black screen at the end of the scene. I thought this looked nice, I am thinking of possibly saying my final words as the screen goes black. I will have to see how it looks after I add the voice over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment