Sunday, March 5, 2017

Genre and Target Audience 

I have chosen to do a rom com chick flick for my genre.

I aim to target females aged around 13- 24.


I chose this target market because I feel that they will connect to the story better than other groups. I want to relate to the audience by connecting to their different emotions, such as humor, anger, happiness, and sadness. I want them to be abke to feel the pain that the main character has, and to be able to see themselves as the main character. I want this film to be extremely hilarious but also hurtful and angering. Many girls understand the pain of being cheated on, so I want to express their pain through the main character to show all viewers just how much pain cheating can inflict on a person. I think this genre and target market go together very well, there have been many movies from this genre targeting primarily teenage females. I hope that my point and emotions reflect on this audience and makes them connect deeper into the movie and the main character.



Links to images: https://www.google.com/search?safe=strict&client=safari&hl=en-us&biw=1024&bih=672&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=6JvKWLa9DsyEmwHUxoKgAw&q=female+target+audience&oq=female+target+audience&gs_l=mobile-gws-img.3...11303.12050.0.12953.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..64.mobile-gws-img..0.0.0.yN8IVcFXxLw#imgrc=atbOWyr_iSEGUM:
https://www.google.com/search?q=rom+com+genre&safe=strict&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=vni&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjWvuW3mdvSAhUK5SYKHU-0CHwQ_AUICSgD&biw=1024&bih=672#imgrc=ut1P3pLNYgQEyM:

No comments:

Post a Comment